Apply for Funds
While we acknowledge that every person who is diagnosed with breast cancer experiences a financial impact, our mandate is to provide financial assistance for patients who do not have the financial resources to cover the costs of basic necessities such as food and shelter as well as medical and additional expenses related to their treatment.
Furthermore, we prioritize applications we receive according to income levels and frequently find that patients to whom we provide financial assistance are living at or below the poverty line.
Requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants must be diagnosed with breast cancer and either in active treatment** or within two months of completing treatment..
- Financial support is provided to patients who are living at or below the poverty line.
- Applications must be completed in full and accompanied by supporting documents.
- Application must be signed by either your social worker, primary care nurse or oncologist.
- Applicants may apply for financial assistance to a maximum of $1,000.
- Applicants may apply for financial assistance twice in one year - for a maximum of $2000 (subject to availability of funds) (policy as of August 2010 and subject to change.
**Active Treatment: For the purposes of this application - refers to surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. We do not reimburse for the cost of tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitors and do not reimburse expenses for patients who are on longer-term treatments such as Herceptin, or bisphosphonates – with ONE exception. Exception to this policy are patients who have been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.
Request an Application Form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail completed application forms to:
Canadian Breast Cancer Support Fund
39 Old Mill Road Suite #1002
Toronto, ON M8X 1G6